1. Can you think of a time when you had to go somewhere you've never been before and you didn't know what to expect? A new school, a new house? On a vacation? What are some things you would need to think about before going there? How did it make you feel?
2. Imagine you woke up one day and you were speaking a different language than everyone else. What would you do to communicate with other people?
3. What are some special traditions that your family has? Do you eat special foods or always go to the same place for a holiday? What makes your traditions special to you and your family?
4. La Maleta means 'The Suitcase' in Spanish. Based on the title, what do you think this play is going to be about?
5. What does 'Bilingual' mean? Multilingual? Do you speak more than one language? Do you know someone who is bilingual/multilingual? How might speaking more than one language affect your life?
6. What are some different ways that we learn to speak a language? Did you or someone you know learn a new language? How did you/they do it? Why do people learn to speak new languages? What languages are spoken in your class and in your families and communities?